The Department of Rehabilitation at Jamaica Hospital Medical Center provides sophisticated and personalized physical therapy in Queens, NY, to individuals living with injuries involving nerves, bones, or joints, or experiencing acute or chronic pain syndromes.
The Department of Rehabilitation offers a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services and is staffed with highly-skilled therapists and physicians, trained to treat a wide variety of neuromuscular or musculoskeletal injuries, traumatic brain injuries/neurological injuries, pain syndromes, and other disabilities.
The department’s inpatient programs include the Margaret T. Palomino Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit and The James and Sarah Brady Institute for coma recovery and traumatic brain injury.
Xổ số Vietlott hôm nayThe Margaret T. Palomino Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit specializes in treating individuals with acute physical disabilities and who also require intensive and comprehensive rehabilitation services in order to maximize their ability to function. The program uses an interdisciplinary approach for treatment and provides cross specializations to ensure that patients receive the best quality rehabilitative care.
Xổ số Vietlott hôm nayIf you’re seeking physical therapy in Queens, NY, services offered in the inpatient program include:
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Vocational counseling
- Cognitive rehabilitation
- Therapeutic recreation
- Social work services
- Case management
For additional information about our Queens rehabilitation center or to make an appointment, contact 718-206-6595.
The Department of Rehabilitation’s outpatient program is designed to provide continuity of rehabilitation services to individuals requiring ongoing therapeutic services. By providing aggressive professional and personalized care, the objective is for its patients to recover and return their highest level of functioning. If you’re seeking outpatient physical therapy in Queens, NY, services include:
Physical and Occupational Therapy
- Comprehensive evaluation and treatment plans for individuals requiring pain management or therapeutic treatment for neurologic or orthopedic/musculoskeletal conditions
Speech Therapy/ Audiology
- Newborn audio screenings
- Comprehensive audiological assessments for children, adults, and seniors
- Comprehensive speech-language and swallowing evaluations and treatment
- Cognitive/neuropsychological services
Specialized OPD Services
- Specialized hand therapy evaluations
- Assessments for orthotic devices
- Prosthetic/orthotic Clinic
Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program
- Comprehensive education and management of disease process
- Physical and occupational therapy on exercise and Activities of Daily Living (ADL) management
For additional information on Jamaica Hospital’s outpatient rehabilitation program or to make an appointment, please call 718-206-7140.